
After the DeLeeuw family reunion, I was able to go to Cedar City with Cameron to visit Megan (a cousin who I never got to know). She was such an interesting character. She was full of excitement. She showed me so many cool things there. It was so much fun because we hit it off once we got to know each other as cousins...haha. While we were there she took us to the Renaissance Fair almost everyday. She acted like a mother towards me, payed for me when I lost my $20, and made us dinner =). Our schedules were pretty much mapped out. Every morning I'd wake up and have breakfast with Cam. Pass the time playing video games and watching movies until Megan got home from work. Then we would go to the store or the Fair then go home and make dinner. Afterwards we would watch a movie or play..again. Don't get me wrong it was fun. But my favorite moments weren't when we were at the fair, or when I was watching a million movies that I'd never seen that were apparently classics, or when we were up at 2 in the morning laughing our heads off while Brent slept. Instead they were when I was getting to know Brent and Megan. My favorite moments were when I had heart felt conversations with my new friend, one whom I would end up calling mom and speak to almost everyday. I enjoyed getting to know my wonderful, strong, bold cousin. She helped to open my eyes about just how important the church is. How important family is. Megan you will be a great mother when the time comes. Your excitement about the church just made me want to be more like you. So in a way my adventure to Cedar City can be seen as an adventure down to wonderland. Megan is like the Mad Hatter in this tale. Brilliant and likable. Going into Wonderland, Alice was indecisive and couldn't see the world for what it was. I was similar to Alice in that i didn't know much about who I wanted to be. Leaving Cedar City made me feel like I knew who I wanted to be. Thank you Megan for....everything.
(My sweet cousin Joey wrote the above. Seriously the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me!! Thank you Joey! It was so fun having him and Cameron out for a week. Don't you just love the picture of them in jars!! Thank you Joey for coming down and for everything you did...especially for that extremely yummy dinner you made us. It was so nice to get to know you more. You are such a special person and we love you.)




No comments:
Post a Comment