24 August 2011

The Little Mermaid

For my birthday Brent bought me tickets to see Disney's The Little Mermaid at the Tuachan. Ever since I was a little girl I have LOVED the Little Mermaid so this was such a fun thing to do. I definitely felt like a kid again waiting anxiously for the day to come. When the day finally came I was so excited I could hardly wait to go. Brent took me out to eat at Iggy's Grill. Their bread is to die for but I hate their service. We got to the play and I was shocked to see we had amazing seats (considering the show has been sold out almost every night) and that we were on the 8th row and dead center. Brent even bought me a great collectors program with lots of pictures from the play.

The play started by actually flooding the stage with water. It was so neat to see all of the special effects they did. They had a wall of water come down that they did light effects on it to make it seem like you were actually under the water. They also did a lot with black lights, wires & pulleys, and with costumes. Ursula's costume was the best. Her tentacles looked like the rolled across the stage with her! And her eels Flotsam and Jetsam had light on their costumes to make them electric eels. Every "fish" had on skates to seem more like they were swimming. My favorite scenes were the music number of "Under the sea", the fight between Sebastian and Chef Louis, and the dance numbers with the eels and Ursula.

I loved every minute of the play and spending the evening with Brent! I loved it so much I seriously was ready to watch it again! I bet Brent loved seeing me so giddy just as much if not more than the play itself. Thank you so much Brent for the wonderful evening and a great birthday! I love you!


No comments: