18 February 2011

Temple Trip

We recently to the temple with our friends to do Sealings. I love going to the temple! It is the most amazing place you will ever go! While there the sealer shared his views on this wonderful ordinance that I thought were so beautiful and moving.

He looked down at the names and noticed they were from the 1700's. And began telling us how the words spoken never dull their meaning for him. How he pictures being in the pre-existence knowing all the steps we would need to take to return to our Heavenly Father. The Lord tells that there is a spot open for someone to come to earth. Someone happily volunteers. Our Heavenly Father smiles but then proceeds to tell them that at the time they will be born, the restored gospel will not be on the earth. They will not have the priesthood or any of the special ordinances which would allow them to return home. Those that volunteer take a step back with tears in their eyes. But then we stepped forward and said that we would do it for them. We would make sure all of those precious steps would be done for them.

He then said (with a smile on his face) "after this life, when we go through the veil and after we hug all our family and friends, just imagine all those whom we have done this work for, waiting and wanting to express their appreciation. Every one of them! What a reunion that will be!"

What a wonderful thought it is and such a great responsibility to us all to find those we promised to do that work for and do it!! I truly love this gospel with my whole heart! I know it is true and I know that my Heavenly Father loves us. I am so grateful for that strong spirit I felt and for the opportunity we had of being there at that time. I am so grateful to be sealed with Brent for all eternity and the blessing of being able to return to our heavenly home after this life.

No comments: