02 April 2011

2 Birthdays in a row and Conference

My little sister Paige decided she wanted to come down during her spring break and to celebrate hers and Brent's birthdays. My parents and her came down saturday. I made Paige's favorite dinner (mexican pizzas) and just had a quiet family party for her. Paige stayed the whole week with us. It was so wonderful having her here! Happy Birthday Paige. We love you but hate that you are growing up so fast!

Brent's birthday was on Wednesday. I woke him up early, well earlier than normal, and gave him a "Top Secret" letter for Special Agent Brently. It described to him that he was to go on a mission, if he chose to accept it, to find his presents. I hid 35 (the number only reflects how much fun I had making them and couldn't stop) clues all over leading him to his gifts. It was so fun watching him running everywhere and trying to decode my hints. I had so much fun creating this little hunt for him and I hoped he enjoyed it. We invited some over our friends over for dinner, ice cream and two types of cakes. We then took off that friday to travel 5.5 hrs to the Grand Canyon! Even though it was a forever long drive, it was totally worth it and we loved having Paige there to enjoy it with us. The Grand Canyon is such an amazing place and so full of history! We had such a fun time and took lots of pictures. On the way home we took a different route through Zions so Paige could say she had been there. Even though it was really dark she could still tell what an amazing place it was. The tunnels were especially neat to travel though.

We had such a fun week enjoying Glee and just having lots of fun. Conference started on Saturday and we enjoyed all the talks we heard. After Conference ended on Saturday we drove up to take Paige home and to be with my family. I was even able to see my best friend Jenessa and her new boyfriend Jason! I have missed seeing her so much! I love listening to Conference. There is such a strong spirit knowing that we have a Prophet to guide us and getting a confirmation that I belong to the one and only true church of Jesus Christ. There were so many amazing talks! I think my favorite so far had to be Elder Scott's. It was such an amazing week and weekend. We drove over 1000 miles in 2 days and enjoyed every one!


No comments: