26 March 2011

Has it really been 6 years?

It is so unbelievable how fast time flies!! We just celebrated our 6th Anniversary!

Brent had so much fun planning our Anniversary trip last year that he decided to plan it again this year. It always amazes me how romantic he is!

The night before our anniversary we stayed up till midnight to exchange gifts. I bought Brent a very nice tungsten ring to replace his wedding band (which was getting pretty dinged up) and a CD. He gave me Glee! I was so excited! He also told me what he had planned. He got a cabin for the night at Zion National Park! I couldn't believe it and went to bed so excited for the next day. I woke in the morning to Brent making a bunch of noise in the bathroom. I got out of bed to see what it was. The door was locked and he said he had just knocked something over in the tub...numerous times. I knew something was going on but he wouldn't let me in "because he was using the toilet and his stomach hurt". When he was done, I went in to pack up our toiletries and opened the shower curtain to find my new amazing shower head! It is so great - I spent half an hour in the shower the first time I used it. It was such a surprise and so funny!! We left for our adventure right after work. It had been raining so when we got to the park it looked so amazing! Everything was so green and foggy! It looked so mysterious and exciting. It was great to see such a different view from all the other times we had been there. Our cabin was such a cute thing. It had a little porch, fireplace, beds, bathroom... and that's about it. We headed down to St. George for dinner at the Olive Garden. It was delicious. I don't know if it was because of the special occasion or what... but the food seemed even better than usual! We had stuffed mushrooms, calamari, soup, salad, tortellini, and stuffed chicken marsala.

It was dark by the time we got back to the park, so Brent took me star gazing. With no moon out and being so secluded, it was the most perfect night for it! The stars were amazing and so bright. I don't think I have ever seen so many before in my life! When we got back to the cabin it was so nice just curling up by the fire and talk all night. It was wonderful not having any distractions and just being able to remember all the past years, our wedding, and all the reasons we fell in love.

In the morning we checked out, ate breakfast, and hiked to the lower Emerald Pool. The waterfalls were breathtaking! It started raining so we just drove around exploring new places and taking pictures from the comfort of the car. We stopped at a few stores and bought two puzzles, books, and Brent got me a beautiful necklace. We drove to every end of the park, through tunnels where it was snow on one end and just rain on the other, and taking as many pictures as possible. It was truly such a perfect anniversary!

I love you so much Brent. I am such a lucky girl to have you by my side throughout eternity! I look forward to many many more years with you!

No comments: