22 June 2010

Mother & Father's day

I am so grateful for my family! I have the most wonderful parents anyone could ever have. I am so thankful for them and all the support and love they have always given Brent & I. Mom & Dad, I love you soo much. I am also thankful for my in-laws... especially for raising the good man I married. Granted, there are times when I don't fit in well with them or even feel well liked, but I am truly grateful for all the time we have spent together with them lately, for the chance to get to know them better, and for all their love! They are great people and I am so glad to be able to call them Mom & Dad. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother & Father's Day!

We were able to be up in Sanpete for Father's Day. It was so great to be able to see so much family. We went up to Brent's parents on Saturday after he got off work. Kenzie and our nephew Scott were also there. Scott is such a cute kid.. and so smart! It was so fun playing games and just having fun with them!

On Sunday we were able to visit Brent's grandparents. They are the sweetest people! They love Brent so much! We then made our way down to my parents house to surprise my dad. We were able to pick up a painting he had on layaway and bring it to him. I think he was really surprised and really excited! We all decided to go to the lake that afternoon. My cute cousin Morgan (who is staying with my parents right now) and my Uncle Curt and his family came with us. It was fun watching all the kids swim, letting fish nibble on my toes (weirdest feeling thing ever!), and watching Gemma in the water.. which she hated! The funniest part was holding Gemma right above the water and watching her "air-swim"! The rest of the day was spent eating hamburgers and playing games and laughing. It was such a great day! When we were getting ready to leave Morgan and my sister decided to take me hostage. They did pretty much everything from hanging on my legs and sitting on me to locking me in the bathroom to keep me from going. It was so funny and I was laughing so hard! What a great weekend. Thanks everyone who celebrated it with us! Love you all!

No comments: