05 September 2009

Life...

So life has been full of surprises & trials that have really tested us. But through the struggles of our life right now, we have grown stronger. Of course not everything that has happened has been bad... in fact we have had some amazing experiences also.

So where to start? Well ... Brent and his brother Mark got tickets to see Paul McCartney - they are both huge Beatles fans. The Concert was to take place in Dallas, TX at the new Cowboy Stadium on August 19th. They were both super excited and quickly planned out the details. I had my birthday on the 10th and then a week or so later I was layed off from my job. Brent still went on his trip to Dallas cause I felt it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for him to go and share this with his brother (and non-refundable tickets in his name and I would hate to have Mark go alone!!) Brent said they had a awesome time and enjoyed every minute!! He especially enjoyed the concert and being able to sing along to all his favorite Beatles songs. I went up to my parents house while he was gone. We didn't do much but I really enjoyed spending time with my family. It was so nice not to be alone and depressed thinking about my job. We did have the chance to go to Lagoon while I was visiting. It was so much fun going on all the rides with Cam, Paige, and Mom!!

I came home just in time to go to the Oquihhr Mountain Temple dedication. It was so wonderful! There was such a special spirit that was present. President Monson and Elder Ballard both gave wonderful talks that greatly touched our hearts, and the other talks were great too. It made us both think of how important the temple is in our lives. We have great blessings that can only be found withing the walls of the temple!

A few other things that have happened are that my brother Cameron is having back surgery. He is really nervous. I can't believe he is having that kind of surgery at age 18. This experience has definitely shown us several blessings the Lord has blessed him with. It is amazing how the Lord shows us his love in everything he does. He will never give us trials we can not over come! Cam - we are praying for you and wish you the best of luck with the surgery and recovery! We love you so much! Also we learned that Brent's Grandfather has been diagnosed with Leukemia. Brent has been taking it really hard, especially since that is how his mom passed away when he was 12. His Grandpa is such a wonderful man and we love him so much! A cool thing about him is he was on the submarine that rescued George Bush Senior in WWII.

I still don't have a job & it has been about a month now. I applied at at dentist office & I am really hoping that I get it!!

I have learned a lot through our recent trials. I have felt the love & comfort of our Lord Jesus Christ so much, and I have come to rely more fully on our Savior for help. My testimony has grown and I know that we will get through all the Lord has planned for us and that it will be only a short time. I know that this is the true church. I know the Savior lives. I know that I am a child of God & he loves all his children. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the special blessing of having the priesthood in my home. I am grateful for the temple and the blessing of eternal families, knowing that when it is finally our time to be blessed with kids that we will be with them forever if we live righteously.

We thank all of you for your many prayers & support. We love you all so much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom has a bladder problem in her eyes. I love you guys and so proud of you.
Mom