It has been at least 10 years since the last Sorensen Reunion. It was so good to see most of my Aunts & Uncles, and cousins.
On the 4th of August the reunion began. It was held at the SUU Lodge - here in the beautiful Cedar City Canyon. It was really nice to have it so close. Brent & I were able to work during the day and visit with family in the evenings. Brent had never met most of that side of my family before, but got along with them very well. We spent alot of time playing Volleyball in the pine needle infested sand pit. It was alot of fun and I actually played pretty well! We also made t-shirts, took family pictures, watched Uncle Cliffs magic show, and listened to Grandpa tell stories about when they were a young family. I loved listening to Grandpa the most. He told such wonderful and funny stories.
We brought my cousin Amanda home with us on the last night to play Rock Band with us. It was alot of fun! Afterwards I decided to spend the night up at the lodge with everyone. Manda and I slept in a room that had 7 little beds in it. It reminded us all of Snow White. Manda called being sleepy... and said I was grumpy when I playfully protested that I was sleepy. We stayed up till who knows when talking about all the times we had spent together. It was so nice to share so many fond memories and laugh and talk. Love you Manda!!!
In the morning everyone packed up and left, and mom and my siblings took us to St. George to the eye Dr. for new glasses for my b-day. It was really fun and really hot. I had forgotten how blind I am and how expensive my glasses really are. I picked out a really cute pair of red frames - Brent really likes them. Cam also got new glasses - really handsome black ones. Thanks mom and dad for the great birthday present.
Below are a few picts from the reunion. It really was wonderful seeing everyone. See you all next time!
08 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment