I love being able to celebrate the birth and life of our savior Jesus Christ. During Christmas season it is hard to keep him in our hearts when everywhere you go it is all about spending money and buying presents. It’s all about the ME’s. Granted it is nice to get a gift from someone showing how much they care about you, but for me that is not Christmas. I could live without the presents, the big dinners, the trees, and lights. I love this season for the special spirit it brings, for the wonderful time spent with family, and the peace you feel from Heavenly Father.
This year, I had the fun opportunity to help my parents wrap gifts. We went to walmart to pick up a few gifts for my dad - some things totally random! Then we created the most evil style of wrapping them we could think of. Mom secretly asked Cam and I to "wrap" one for Paige. We told her it was another one for dad and she even helped us do the most evil wrapping techniques yet used.
Later that day we spent Christmas Eve with Brent's Family. It was so much fun, and we got to see our new nephew John for the first time. He is such a cutie. We had such fun playing games and eating really good food and talking to family we don't see often. I enjoyed spending time playing with our cute nephews and niece. They are such funny kids! We didn't want to leave, but we couldn't stay too late because with my dads new schedule at work he needed to be there very early the next morning, and we wanted to do my family's 'Eve' traditions too.
This year my family traditions were really special to me. Every year my dad reads to us 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' and the nativity story from the Bible. I love listening to my dad read, he has such an amazing voice! And this year, after my dad read, he told us all how much he loves us and how proud of all of us and who we were turning into. How much we mean to him and that we make him want to be better. And yes, to everyone who is wondering, I did cry like a baby. It really meant so much to me to hear my dad say the things he did. It was the best gift!
We all decided to wake up extremely early in the morning before dad left for work to open our gifts. It was hysterical watching Paige realize that the gift we horribly wrapped was for her and not dad. It took her a 1/2 hour to unwrap it and we were all laughing so hard! It really was a wonderful Christmas morning! Later, dad decided to get even with mom and took us all to walmart to find gifts for her. We again wrapped them as horribly as possible and loved watching her try to open them.
Paige and Cam were going to come down for the week, but Paige's ball coach changed that plan. It was so DUMB! But I decided that since I already took the week off that I would stay and spend the time with family again. It has been so great spending so much time with them, but I did miss being with Brent!!!
Then my family and one of Cams' friends came down to celebrate New Years. We had a lot of fun playing games all night and watching movies. It was a great way to bring in the New Year!
We just want to let you all know how thankful we are for you. Thank you to all our family and friends for the gifts. They were so amazing and are very appreciated! We are so grateful to have such wonderful people in our lives.We hope you all had a very wonderful Christmas and that this year is great one.
This year, I had the fun opportunity to help my parents wrap gifts. We went to walmart to pick up a few gifts for my dad - some things totally random! Then we created the most evil style of wrapping them we could think of. Mom secretly asked Cam and I to "wrap" one for Paige. We told her it was another one for dad and she even helped us do the most evil wrapping techniques yet used.
Later that day we spent Christmas Eve with Brent's Family. It was so much fun, and we got to see our new nephew John for the first time. He is such a cutie. We had such fun playing games and eating really good food and talking to family we don't see often. I enjoyed spending time playing with our cute nephews and niece. They are such funny kids! We didn't want to leave, but we couldn't stay too late because with my dads new schedule at work he needed to be there very early the next morning, and we wanted to do my family's 'Eve' traditions too.
This year my family traditions were really special to me. Every year my dad reads to us 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' and the nativity story from the Bible. I love listening to my dad read, he has such an amazing voice! And this year, after my dad read, he told us all how much he loves us and how proud of all of us and who we were turning into. How much we mean to him and that we make him want to be better. And yes, to everyone who is wondering, I did cry like a baby. It really meant so much to me to hear my dad say the things he did. It was the best gift!
We all decided to wake up extremely early in the morning before dad left for work to open our gifts. It was hysterical watching Paige realize that the gift we horribly wrapped was for her and not dad. It took her a 1/2 hour to unwrap it and we were all laughing so hard! It really was a wonderful Christmas morning! Later, dad decided to get even with mom and took us all to walmart to find gifts for her. We again wrapped them as horribly as possible and loved watching her try to open them.
Paige and Cam were going to come down for the week, but Paige's ball coach changed that plan. It was so DUMB! But I decided that since I already took the week off that I would stay and spend the time with family again. It has been so great spending so much time with them, but I did miss being with Brent!!!
Then my family and one of Cams' friends came down to celebrate New Years. We had a lot of fun playing games all night and watching movies. It was a great way to bring in the New Year!
We just want to let you all know how thankful we are for you. Thank you to all our family and friends for the gifts. They were so amazing and are very appreciated! We are so grateful to have such wonderful people in our lives.We hope you all had a very wonderful Christmas and that this year is great one.




No comments:
Post a Comment