04 May 2009

Gratitude

I am so grateful for the Priesthood in my home and for the love that my Heavenly Father has for me and for my family. I am so grateful for Brent and that he is worthy to hold the Priesthood. It is such an amazing thing to be able to have the ability to know what Heavenly Father has planned for us and to have his help and comfort any time we need it. I am grateful to have such a close relationship with my family, and that we can ask them for help when we need it. I have such a testimony of this gospel and of Heavenly Father's love for us. I know that his gospel is true with all my heart. I know that if we live the way we are supposed to we can return to live with him, that we have the chance to be eternal families and never loose our loved ones. I know that our wonderful prophet, Thomas S. Monson, is a true prophet and that he receives inspiration to lead our church, from the Lord.

Yesterday, my cousin Ryan came over to give Brent a blessing. We had not told Ryan any of the hardships or things Brent was seeking help on, and yet what was said in the blessing were exactly what Brent had needed to hear. It was so strong and you could feel the spirit all around. It was truly amazing and exactly what he needed to hear. Thank you so much Ryan for stopping by -even though it would have been nicer for you if you could have gone straight home. We are so lucky to have such a close relationship with you and your family.

After Ryan left I was so moved by the spirit, that I asked Brent to give me a blessing. I have been so torn the last couple weeks about things that are going on in my life, and this blessing helped me clear my mind and give me comfort. It settled so many things and reminded me how much Heavenly Father truly does love me and that he wants me to be happy. I felt his love so strongly.

What an amazing experience for both Brent & I. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that you both are loved. I love you so much and am so proud.
Mom